Monday, December 28, 2009

A Scary Night.

We had just gotten home from our Antallya trip.  My health had been improving.  In fact the bleeding had nearly stopped.  I was drinking me teas, using the crème from the states and felt at peace that I would indeed see healing.  I woke up that night in pool.  I was mad, at the devil.  Not sure if the neighbors heard me, but I stood up praying, furiously rebuking the enemy. 

It was a hard day at school I was in pain (first time since all this started that I experienced intense pain.  A few days later the pain and other symptoms were worse.  I fell apart, started balling and told the family here,  I wanted to go in.  So we canceled school and went into the emergency room.  Actually we went to three hospitals, at each one my friend would ask for a female gynecologist, to which they hospital would reply we not longer have one, try this other place.

We ended up finding a female doc at a hospital specifically for women and children….not sure why we didn't start our search there.  I must have looked a sight cause being terrified that the diagnosis would be cancer or worse yet that my womb was disintegrating I was near tears.  A kind word would have and did push me over the edge.

So they nurses kept assuring us all would be fine.  We were told the wit maybe long we were like 30 on the list but as soon as we walked in the waiting room and say down a nurse walked up, and told us to please follow her.  We were rushed to the front of the line.  the doctor did an ultra sound but it was inconclusive so she sent me off to have my blood drawn and drink a ton of water.  that being done we returned to the room and were rushed ahead of the long line of people.  a second ultrasound the doctor looked at me and smiled, no cancer, no tumors and your womb is fine

She went on with a diagnosis.  I have a severe hormone imbalance, that is causing the constant bleeding.  I have probably had it since puberty, and it has worsened each year, the stress of this year is probably what put it over the edge.  It seems my body dislikes insulin and so I gain weight and produces more testosterone than a woman should produce.  This causes my body to grow those annoying hairs on my upper lip and to try to make more estrogen then normal….somewhere in hear it also causes my ovaries not to released their eggs, so My ovaries are full of cysts of old eggs that never got released (highest cause of infertility among women.)  Disappointing yes, but this is a syndrome not a disease, which means it can be reversed.  Their are several natural means that have proved to have great results.   And I have always planned on adoption so that to is no big deal.  So in the meantime I am taking some progesterone to balance out the extra estrogen and if I loose weight and watch my sugars and starches that should take care of the root of the issue. which would be the resistance to insulin and the excess Andro whatever it is called.

No comments:

Post a Comment