Saturday, August 13, 2011

I had a blonde moment!!!

So I am getting ready to go on this month long outreach…(still praying and hoping for the remaining 340-540 to come in)…anyhow two nights ago I arranged for me to leave my truck with this mechanic who lives nearly 20 miles out of town.  I plan to take my truck to him next week right before leaving.  He told me to write down anything wrong with the vehicle…that is easy enough I have not had windshield wipers for months and every new fuse I put in gets blown with in mili-seconds. 

Yesterday however I got in my truck to go get the mail, backed up turning tightly as I did and felt this dragging pulling feeling I had never felt before.  Immediately I stopped the truck , walked around it expecting to see a flat.  All my tires were round..so I get in and drive down the hill feeling the funny pulling feeling each time I had to make a 90* turn.  Twice more I got out and looked at my tires trying to see if they were rubbing in anyway…or were leaning funny…they looked fine.  I was worried what if the tires are falling off can they possibly make it up to the mechanic shop safely?  I enlisted the help of a friend who happened to be passing buy.  He watched the tires closely as I turned my truck in tight circles…”Do you see anything?  I can feel it pulling funny!” I would exclaim as my truck seemed to slur its ability to drive.  He saw nothing odd and told me it was probably safe to drive if I just took the corners slowly.

Getting in one last time I pulled it forward I had a quick run I needed to make to Safeway.  I had just pulled out of the parking lot when I looked down and noticed I was in 4 wheel drive.  I had used my four wheel drive function to get off the beach the night before.  Surely this could not have caused it I said to myself reaching down to slip the 4 wheel drive off…and to my relief my truck did not once act funny.  There is nothing at all wrong with my ability to turn corners tightly.   How embarrassing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment