Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 31 0f 100 day Season

It has been an incredible month…still not sure Where God is taking me in this season, but I have enjoyed the extra time set aside to be in His presence.

I had great intentions to “Come Away” at least 3 times a day to seek Him, to pray scripture Morning, Noon and Night….It happens most days, but not every day.  Morning Quiet times have been a habit I have developed since my DTS and something I don't like to miss.  Usually I roll out of bed, grab my bible and phone in the same movement….however the whole pulling aside at noon and at night is a little harder to keep up with.  at noon there are people to talk with, especially in this season down in Kansas City at the School of the Circuit riders, and at night, I am exhausted I usually just get on face book, post some comments about the day, write in my journal and crawl in bed.  there have been a few evenings (3 in the last week, where as I journaled I turned on Netflix and have listened to some funny crime show…..

Last night during the worship, the passage in Revelation was read out about anointing our eyes that we may see God.  Mike Bickel got up and spoke how anointing our eyes was not about literally anointing our eyes but about consecrating them not to look on evil or wasteful things.   I am pretty careful what I watch movie or TV wise, and in a film with a lot of sex or violence I look away or fast forward…but I could not help but feel convicted, this is a season I set aside to behold God, so why fill my eyes with anything wasteful…so for the rest of this season I am choosing to not waste my time with movies or Netflix shows (I don't have a TV)  Pray for me though the newest NCIS comes out in a few weeks and really that something I have been looking forward to for months….I even contemplated waiting a month to shut off Netflix…so spiritual that I am :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment