Sunday, April 30, 2017

Getting back to it!!!

I had great intentions.  Write something, anything  at least twice a week.  This discipline would challenge me and help me to grow as a communicator and possibly help to motivate me to finish some big writing projects that have cooled on the back burner for way to long.  Also it would be a great outlet as I learn new things in the word of God I get this urgency to pass it on.  My drives become sermon birthing zones…typing up some of those teachings would help me to move into a new topic and give my dog a break from my rantings.  

Then I saw a lady speak into a video camera. She was not drop dead gorgeous, the room behind her was nothing special she did not have the voice to beat all other voices but her messages were passionate and inspiring. I watched and thought I could do this. I will do this….So I decided to share that list of values via a video message (a vlog?).  I borrowed my mom’s ipad and filmed 3 different messages.  It took hours cause in nervousness I kept stumbling over my words.  Funny but that flashing light was far more scary then any group of people I have ever spoken in front of!  I had carefully chosen the right outfit (admitedly I wore three to hide I was doing it all on one day) the perfect angle, not to close yet still up close and personal.  All in all I was pleased with the outcome it had taken a whole day, lots of fresh starts and akward blunders, yet my passion shone through.  I was fairly confident that people would be encouraged if not inspired!!!   But then when it came to posting them, I could not get the file to transfer.  They were too big?? I tried mutliple times with the same result.   I had no idea how to make them smaller.  

Defeated I filmed the first one over again using my laptop.  But I had to position the computer in such a way that my hands and gestures could never be seen.  I was nothing but a talking head.  The quality was grainy and I hated it!!!!  I posted it anyway to keep up with my deadline of posting something every few days…but I just sort of quit after that.  If it could not be done in a way I could be proud of why bother?

It has been over a month, almost two.  I guess it is time to get back on the horse…though we wont be filming anything just yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment