Saturday, October 17, 2009

Always enough Flour and Oil.

elijah and the woman who shared her last cake Remember the story of Elijah and how God commanded him to go ask the widow for food.  Her initial reply was “I only have this tiny bit of flour, which I'm going to use to make my son and I a meal and then we will die.”  Elijah challenged this woman to trust God by first making him some bread, and then making some for herself and her son.  She obeyed and sure enough there was enough to feed the prophet, the widow and her boy.  In fact she lived like this for several days.

Those last few weeks or preparing to come here I did not want to come.  I didn't have the committed support base.  I have worked as an M for 10 years, back home I can always take a job for extra cash, here that is not an option.  But I had committed and the plane ticket was bought so I came.

I needed money to buy boxes to store my belongings in back home, I need to replace my tennis shoes, and I needed to pay hefty overweight and extra baggage fees to get all these books here.  It was there when I needed it! (you may recall the cool story of the overweight fees being waived in Billings and cut in half on this end.)

I had to attend a camp with these guys, on my first arrival.  The money was there.

I came home with a severe ear infection none of my home remedies' worked.  I had to see a doctor and get medication…the money was there.

Time and time I have needed groceries, or pay bills and always I have enough.

I needed to get a plane ticket for my first visa run, I had to pay some back bills that the lady who lives here for real didn't get the chance to pay before she left and cold weather came earlier then usual, my friends kept pressuring me that I needed to buy firewood, diesel  and get my wood stove installed. I was looking at 800 dollars. 

Well the day came I could no longer put off the plane ticket, but the money was there.   The warm weather returned, buying me an extra month or more before needing to prepare for winter.  I sent word to my land lord that I needed to know the amount owed for the water and electricity….he hasn't gotten back to me yet…but I am confident, that when he does, the money will be there!

Thank you to all who have been obedient to give!  The oil has not ever run dry

No comments:

Post a Comment