Sunday, June 23, 2013

Season of Tending, Beautifying and preparing my Garden

 

IMG_2123[1] Even though it was after midnight when I arrived home this morning, I could not go to bed until I recorded in this new journal some of the thoughts I had on the drive home.  It seems that I am entering a new season. 

Rodeo Camp is over, the months of labor to prepare for it are done…but now it is time to get ready for the Fall Discipleship Training School,   Our January DTS just went home and having been feeling like crap for so much of their school I never did get over feeling out of the loop…but the fall school will be different…I have energy, feel great and I have vision!  Cant wait to get started. 

Headache free!!  But now I want to get in shape…never really been in shape…but I always felt incapable of doing much about it…now well  got a fairly low key summer I think…anyhow…I forsee time and I have the desire to make the most of the next few months.  So although I usually get up couple of times a week to work out my goal is to be consistent 5-6 times per week…PRAY FOR ME Sarcastic smile

The Theme of Week 1:  You are a Daughter of God; A Royal Princess in His Kingdom. 

This first week is just an introduction the to topic.  It encourages the reader to watch the movie Princess Diaries and compares us to young Mia.  Mia lived her entire life as common not knowing she was Royalty.  and when she did discover she was a princess she felt super unqualified for the job.  If we are Born again believers, then we are children of God that makes us sons or daughters of the King of Kings!!!  It might seem cheesy to call yourself a Prince or Princess but that is who you are!  Just as the kid in the movie had to learn how to walk, speak and act as Royalty we too need to learn to live in such a way we represent our Father and His Kingdom.  We need to learn to accept the privileges, take part in the responsibilities and walk out in our authority. 

It is a little weird doing a study I wrote years ago….to be honest the kids I wrote it for, hated it!!!   I felt it was complete failure.   But before leaving for Turkey I had given a copy to a friend in Cody who used it with her 2 young daughters (9 and 18 at the time) and they loved it.  Since I compiled a few other bible studies in writing it she is always encouraging me to either re-write it using only my own resources or ask those I referenced for official permission because my friend in Cody thinks I should pursue publishing it for homeschooling families or for mother/daughter  or independent teen bible studies.   We will have to see if I like it this second time around!

A Good book to read on this topic of Knowing who you are…Would be “Supernatural Ways of Royalty”  by Kris Vallotton.. (by the way if you read this and I lent my copy to you…please return it! or at least remind me of who has it, incase your still reading it…

I decided to start my list of Revelations of Who I AM with the last statement I wrote in my last 100 day season

1.  My Daddy is the King of all kings!!!  Jesus is my older Brother & Holy Spirit is my Teacher and Guide.  I am empowered with the fullness of His Spirit and I am a reflection of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment